Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Do You Smell Smoke? Brimstone, Perhaps?

Day two of early morning exercising went fabulously well if you overlook the part where my right arm, still sore from yesterday’s blood draw, refused to perform at the level to which the left arm has become accustomed. Left arm was pissed.

Speaking of yesterday’s blood draw; it went great! I arrived fifteen minutes early for my 2:00 appointment thinking that, if it took Blood Bank Guy forty-five minutes to squeeze out a pint of plasma before watching me pass out, then I was going to be late getting back to work, so, better go early. Plus, I wanted to just get it over with, already.

Imagine my surprise when I encountered a lady in the Blood Suite, rather than Jack the Ripper the Usual Blood Bank Guy. Imagine her surprise when, upon being told that Usual Blood Bank Guy had broken his ankle, I actually hissed “Yessss!” while pumping my fist in the air all Arsenio Hall-style.

Yep. Pretty sure I’m going to Hell.

But! I gave blood, so maybe not.

And, as I said; it went great! The nice lady actually listened to me when I told her that the very promising-looking vein in my arm would roll to the side the minute it was stuck with a needle and she stuck the vein’s neighbor, instead. The neighbor proved quite accommodating and we had a full bag-o-blood in just less than fifteen minutes. With an experience like that; I might be less hesitant to make up a lie the next time they call me.

On the other hand, how long can it possibly take for the usual guy’s ankle to heal and what are the chances that he would break something else at the same time that I agree to donate? Probably not very good; I never get lucky like that. still, I guess I could hope.

Wow, did I just say that out loud?

Yep. Definitely going to Hell.

1 comment:

  1. You just saved a life by donating blood--does a good act counteract a bad thought?

    ReplyDelete