Tuesday, January 01, 2008

What a Difference a New Year Makes

Happy 2008! I hope your new year is going well so far. Mine is starting out quite nicely, thank you for asking. Our party last night was a blast, literally (as an aside, when the cops show up to remind you that fireworks are illegal and you are, in fact, a police officer, there may have been a tad too much alcohol on the agenda, Hugh).

Jana and I wupped up on the men in our lives during a rousing game of Pictionary and, maybe it’s just me but; I am a far better artist with a few glasses of wine under my belt than I could ever hope to be while stone-cold sober.

We continued the festivities today with our annual sledding trip and, although it was colder than in any year past, we had a great time. Rowdie was especially entertaining to watch since he seemed to think that sledding down the hill on Hugh’s lap was better than a new bone. Luckily, Hugh didn’t mind the company.

Tonight, the children are spending the night at Jana’s so Hugh and I took advantage of the time alone by going to see National Treasure 2. I highly recommend it.

Tomorrow, it is back on the diet and exercise bandwagon as my diet lately has consisted primarily of sugar and fat; not a good combination for either the waistline or the complexion, I assure you.

Other than the determination to pull my cholesterol levels out of the stratosphere, I haven’t really made any New Year’s resolutions. I would like to be a more patient parent, a goal to which I am sure, many of you can relate. I would also like to spend less money on stupid shit but, seeing as that was a resolution circa 2005, 2006 and 2007, I don’t hold out a great deal of hope for 2008.

Maybe 2009

2 comments:

  1. I know I can relate to the more patient parenting thing and should probably make that one of my resolutions but when they call me 50 times a day while I am working and they are goofing off I just can't do it!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wish I could stop spending money on things I do not need!!!

    ReplyDelete