Monday, December 18, 2006

The Origins of the Blue Man Group

Friday night’s parade went well. The Cub Scout float was a big hit and the boys had a blast handing out candy to the one million and ten children who lined the parade route. Not so much fun; keeping track of the Scouts who scattered like roaches once the parade got moving. You have to give them credit for being so determined to make sure that every single one of those million and ten children each got a handful of candy but, still. Roaches.

Their determination does explain how we managed to go through approximately one hundred pounds of candy canes and Starlight mints, however and, I’m not exaggerating.

On Saturday, the kids and I made our cut-sugar cookies and, on Sunday, The Girl, the Man-Cub, Hugh and I decorated them. As usual, the kids hung in for the first hour or so before their meager little attention spans sputtered out, leaving Hugh and me to finish the remainder of the cookies. And, as usual, Hugh took a somewhat less serious approach to the decorating than I did as evidenced by;

Exhibit A: My Best Effort
Vs

Exhibit B: Hugh’s Best Effort


It’s hardly a contest, I know. After all, everyone loves the Blue Man Group.

In all honesty, I can't give Hugh too hard of a time for his somewhat unorthodox decorating skilz since, I know that I am lucky to have a husband who will sit with his family and smear frosting on holiday cookies, and not too many women can say that. So, if the price I pay for quality time with my husband is a few Smurf cookies, it's a bargain.

(But, just between you and me, doesn't my cookie rock your stockings off just a little?)




How about a side by side comparison?




Ok, fine. Smurfs rule.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, I would have to agree that if he's willing to sit and decorate, you have to take what you can get. Oh, your Christmas cards were awesome! Thanks so much. Now that I finally have your address, as you ignored my comment request, I can send out your card. :p

    ReplyDelete